Mt. Anak Krakatau spews volcanic ash, Tangkuban Perahu closed
Oyos Saroso H.N. and Arya Dipa
The Jakarta Post
The volcanic discharge of Mount Anak Krakatau, which usually affects Cilegon in Banten and Kalianda in southern Lampung, has now reached the city center of Bandar Lampung, the capital of Lampung province, located around 75 kilometers from the mountain itself.
Based on observations by The Jakarta Post, the whole area of Bandar Lampung was covered in volcanic ash. Despite a thin layer, the as...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Islamist groups to rally against Anies for 'turning his back' on Rizieq
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam