Editorial: Jokowi’s real battle
The Jakarta Post
As soon as he takes office as the Jakarta governor on Oct. 7, the next battle awaiting Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will not be any easier than the ones he came through during two grueling rounds of electioneering. Now, he will have to deal with politicians at the Jakarta legislative council, who mostly represent parties that were opposed to his candidacy.
This is a potential stalemate that may...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta