Editorial: Jokowi’s real battle
The Jakarta Post
As soon as he takes office as the Jakarta governor on Oct. 7, the next battle awaiting Joko “Jokowi” Widodo will not be any easier than the ones he came through during two grueling rounds of electioneering. Now, he will have to deal with politicians at the Jakarta legislative council, who mostly represent parties that were opposed to his candidacy.
This is a potential stalemate that may...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Minister gives taxpayers another chance to declare hidden wealth
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased