Ganjar Pranowo: A rockin’ politician
The Jakarta Post
(JP/P.J. Leo)Many political scientists and politicians practice politics with such complexity that the realm is distanced from the everyday lives of ordinary citizens.
Ganjar Pranowo, a lawmaker from the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) who co-chairs the House’s Commission II overseeing home affairs and regional autonomy, however, sees politics from a different angle.
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Three suspected terrorists arrested in East Java
- Celebs sleep rough to raise money for Scotland's homeless