Basu Swastha Dharmmestha: Making batik and marketing it
The Jakarta Post
(JP/Slamet Susanto)Professors of economics with marketing expertise can be found at various universities, but economists engaged in the art of batik painting are rare. Among the few is Basu Swastha Dharmmestha.
Combining marketing and art is what the man with an MBA who is a marketing lecturer at Gadjah Mada University (UGM) in Yogyakarta has been doing.
Having learned to draw during...
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- INSIGHT: Indonesia – a nation of three clichés
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Jokowi bestows honorary medals for distinguished services
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Thousands Islands to host Tidung Festival 2017