Basu Swastha Dharmmestha: Making batik and marketing it
The Jakarta Post
(JP/Slamet Susanto)Professors of economics with marketing expertise can be found at various universities, but economists engaged in the art of batik painting are rare. Among the few is Basu Swastha Dharmmestha.
Combining marketing and art is what the man with an MBA who is a marketing lecturer at Gadjah Mada University (UGM) in Yogyakarta has been doing.
Having learned to draw during...
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- YouTuber produces romantic comedy that draws on Javanese roots
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters