Caveat emptor: The challenge in implementing defense offset in RI
Sezsy Yuniorrita and Curie Maharani
Jane’s “2012 Defense Market Report” calculated that the Indonesian arms market has the potential to be one of the worlds largest. Under the Minimum Essential Force (MEF) procurement program stage one (2010-2014), a combined rupiah and foreign loan of Rp 156 trillion (US$16.25 billion) will be disbursed.
Small domestic industrial capacity means that the bulk of spending will go to fore...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber