Caveat emptor: The challenge in implementing defense offset in RI
Sezsy Yuniorrita and Curie Maharani
Jane’s “2012 Defense Market Report” calculated that the Indonesian arms market has the potential to be one of the worlds largest. Under the Minimum Essential Force (MEF) procurement program stage one (2010-2014), a combined rupiah and foreign loan of Rp 156 trillion (US$16.25 billion) will be disbursed.
Small domestic industrial capacity means that the bulk of spending will go to fore...
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste