Caveat emptor: The challenge in implementing defense offset in RI
Sezsy Yuniorrita and Curie Maharani
Jane’s “2012 Defense Market Report” calculated that the Indonesian arms market has the potential to be one of the worlds largest. Under the Minimum Essential Force (MEF) procurement program stage one (2010-2014), a combined rupiah and foreign loan of Rp 156 trillion (US$16.25 billion) will be disbursed.
Small domestic industrial capacity means that the bulk of spending will go to fore...
- Popular tourist sites in Bali safe amid tremors around Mount Agung
- 'Super malaria' spreading through SE Asia, poses global threat
- Entrepreneur wants to put Indonesia on the world technology map
- Court dismisses KPK’s objection in Setya’s pretrial hearing
- Tourism minister officiates new diving center in Tanjung Lesung
- Supermodel reunion at blockbuster Versace tribute in Milan
- Travel fair to boost Garuda’s business
- Bill Gates expresses regret over ‘Control+Alt+Delete’ button
- Google looking to help news outlets win subscribers
- Mamma Mia! British star Colin Firth is now Italian