Jokowi, Ahok make new start in Jakarta
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Just sworn in: New Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo (front) and his deputy, Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, greet supporters after their inauguration at the Jakarta City Council on Monday. JP/P.J. LeoA backlog of projects is waiting for newly inducted governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and deputy governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama in addition to the pair’s own initiatives.
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga