Cops sorry for Novi Amalia underwear photo
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Police are apologizing for the seven officers involved in photographing model Novi Amalia in her underwear after she was arrested for driving under the influence of narcotics on Oct. 11.
“We will uphold our standard operating procedures at all police stations, especially related to this issue,” City Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto said on Wednesday.
The West Jakarta Police have questioned seven officers from its Taman Sari police station, including precinct commander Comr. Maulana Hamdan, for allegedly photographing and then distributing an image of Novi in her bra and panties taken while in detention.
West Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Suntana said that the seven officers under investigation were at the station house from when Novi arrived until she was transferred to the National Police Hospital in East Jakarta on Oct. 12.
Two of the officers under investigation are the policewomen who were in charge of getting Novi dressed after her arrest, when she reportedly had stripped to her underwear while high on methamphetamine.
Maulana said that his officers had done their best to stop journalists and members of the public from taking pictures of Novi. “I told the officers on guard to cover her up and not to leave her with less than three officers in the investigation room.”
Novi has handcuffed after she tried to smash her head into a glass table several times, he added.
The 25-year-old model was arrested after running over seven pedestrians and street vendors on her way to Ancol, North Jakarta. She tested positive for methamphetamine use and was also allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash