ASEAN chief: Rohingya issue could destabilize the region
The Jakarta Post
ASEAN Secretary-General Surin Pitsuwan urges the international community to take a more effective stance and faster pace in helping settle Myanmar’s Rohingya problem, since the conflict poses strategic and security challenges that could destabilize Southeast Asia.
“They are now under tremendous pressure, pain and suffering. If the international community, including ASEAN, are not able t...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion