ASEAN chief: Rohingya issue could destabilize the region
The Jakarta Post
ASEAN Secretary-General Surin Pitsuwan urges the international community to take a more effective stance and faster pace in helping settle Myanmar’s Rohingya problem, since the conflict poses strategic and security challenges that could destabilize Southeast Asia.
“They are now under tremendous pressure, pain and suffering. If the international community, including ASEAN, are not able t...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta