ASEAN chief: Rohingya issue could destabilize the region
The Jakarta Post
ASEAN Secretary-General Surin Pitsuwan urges the international community to take a more effective stance and faster pace in helping settle Myanmar’s Rohingya problem, since the conflict poses strategic and security challenges that could destabilize Southeast Asia.
“They are now under tremendous pressure, pain and suffering. If the international community, including ASEAN, are not able t...
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Seoul unveils city’s first highway-turned-park
- EDITORIAL: When Jokowi goes vlogging
- 19 district heads in Papua sentenced to six months’ probation
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs