ASEAN chief: Rohingya issue could destabilize the region
The Jakarta Post
ASEAN Secretary-General Surin Pitsuwan urges the international community to take a more effective stance and faster pace in helping settle Myanmar’s Rohingya problem, since the conflict poses strategic and security challenges that could destabilize Southeast Asia.
“They are now under tremendous pressure, pain and suffering. If the international community, including ASEAN, are not able t...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Vice President Kalla promises shelter for Rohingya refugees in Aceh
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape