ASEAN chief: Rohingya issue could destabilize the region
The Jakarta Post
ASEAN Secretary-General Surin Pitsuwan urges the international community to take a more effective stance and faster pace in helping settle Myanmar’s Rohingya problem, since the conflict poses strategic and security challenges that could destabilize Southeast Asia.
“They are now under tremendous pressure, pain and suffering. If the international community, including ASEAN, are not able t...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad