Jokowi declaws Satpol PP officers
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has ordered the administration’s Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) personnel to refrain from violent measures in their duties and rather, work on establishing a positive image in the eyes of the public.
In an address to the Satpol PP personnel given during a roll call on Thursday, Jokowi requested that they refrain from resorting to violence.
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year