Jokowi declaws Satpol PP officers
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has ordered the administration’s Public Order Agency (Satpol PP) personnel to refrain from violent measures in their duties and rather, work on establishing a positive image in the eyes of the public.
In an address to the Satpol PP personnel given during a roll call on Thursday, Jokowi requested that they refrain from resorting to violence.
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares