Taking ‘scraps’ and making art
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta’s Salihara Gallery was full of smiles and laughs one evening, with visitors amazed by the 1,078 small, framed paintings filling the exhibition hall.
The many artworks sat on the walls of the oval room and the temporary glass walls installed in the center. All were by Nasirun, a well-known artist born in Cilacap.
The artist’s solo exhibition titled “Uwuh Seni” (Scrap A...
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Melinda Gates praises Indonesia’s e-money aid programs
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Police fire tear gas on Muslims protesting church in Bekasi
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago