Taking ‘scraps’ and making art
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta’s Salihara Gallery was full of smiles and laughs one evening, with visitors amazed by the 1,078 small, framed paintings filling the exhibition hall.
The many artworks sat on the walls of the oval room and the temporary glass walls installed in the center. All were by Nasirun, a well-known artist born in Cilacap.
The artist’s solo exhibition titled “Uwuh Seni” (Scrap A...
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte