Taking ‘scraps’ and making art
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta’s Salihara Gallery was full of smiles and laughs one evening, with visitors amazed by the 1,078 small, framed paintings filling the exhibition hall.
The many artworks sat on the walls of the oval room and the temporary glass walls installed in the center. All were by Nasirun, a well-known artist born in Cilacap.
The artist’s solo exhibition titled “Uwuh Seni” (Scrap A...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online