Taking ‘scraps’ and making art
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta’s Salihara Gallery was full of smiles and laughs one evening, with visitors amazed by the 1,078 small, framed paintings filling the exhibition hall.
The many artworks sat on the walls of the oval room and the temporary glass walls installed in the center. All were by Nasirun, a well-known artist born in Cilacap.
The artist’s solo exhibition titled “Uwuh Seni” (Scrap A...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage
- Right of inquiry aims to keep KPK on track: Hanura