Obama’s victory brings joy, hope
Yuli Tri Suwarni/Wasti Atmodjo
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Distant supporters: Indonesians attending an event organized by the US Embassy in Jakarta to watch the returns of the US election burst into cheers after media declared that Barack Obama had secured the 270 votes in the Electoral College needed to secure his reelection. (JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)Time and distance were not enough keep 67-year-old Effendi from watching live television coverage as one o...
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official