Obama’s victory brings joy, hope
Yuli Tri Suwarni/Wasti Atmodjo
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Distant supporters: Indonesians attending an event organized by the US Embassy in Jakarta to watch the returns of the US election burst into cheers after media declared that Barack Obama had secured the 270 votes in the Electoral College needed to secure his reelection. (JP/Wendra Ajistyatama)Time and distance were not enough keep 67-year-old Effendi from watching live television coverage as one o...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president