553 villages in S. Sumatra still without power
The Jakarta Post
At least 553 villages comprising 60,000 households in South Sumatra province have not yet been connected to the electricity grid by state-owned electricity company PT PLN.
The 553 villages are located in remote places in 15 regencies/cities throughout the province, with the largest number being found in Lahat and South Ogan Komering Ulu regencies.
“Electricity production in South ...
- Tight security prepared for King Salman’s visit to Bali
- Whale shark dead after being caught up in trawl
- Four must-watch films about North Korea
- Lawmakers to learn about counterterrorism legislation in UK, US
- Jokowi, Turnbull start day with relaxed morning walk around Royal Botanical Gardens
- Six killed in Central Java bus plunge
- Indonesia, Australia want peaceful resolution in settling regional disputes
- House prepares for King Salman's visit
- Kim Jong Nam died within 20 minutes of poisoning: Malaysia
- Divers collect waste in waters around Pramuka Island