553 villages in S. Sumatra still without power
The Jakarta Post
At least 553 villages comprising 60,000 households in South Sumatra province have not yet been connected to the electricity grid by state-owned electricity company PT PLN.
The 553 villages are located in remote places in 15 regencies/cities throughout the province, with the largest number being found in Lahat and South Ogan Komering Ulu regencies.
“Electricity production in South ...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence