RI loses Asian Games bid to Vietnam
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s hopes to host the 2019 Asian Games faltered on Thursday, following a vote by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) general assembly in favor of Hanoi over Surabaya, East Java.
The Vietnamese capital won 29 votes out of 43, while the remaining 14 countries voted for Surabaya.
United Arab Emirates’ Dubai had failed to qualify for the bidding due to lack of administrative af...
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- One-fuel price policy to be implemented in more regions