RI loses Asian Games bid to Vietnam
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s hopes to host the 2019 Asian Games faltered on Thursday, following a vote by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) general assembly in favor of Hanoi over Surabaya, East Java.
The Vietnamese capital won 29 votes out of 43, while the remaining 14 countries voted for Surabaya.
United Arab Emirates’ Dubai had failed to qualify for the bidding due to lack of administrative af...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga