RI loses Asian Games bid to Vietnam
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s hopes to host the 2019 Asian Games faltered on Thursday, following a vote by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) general assembly in favor of Hanoi over Surabaya, East Java.
The Vietnamese capital won 29 votes out of 43, while the remaining 14 countries voted for Surabaya.
United Arab Emirates’ Dubai had failed to qualify for the bidding due to lack of administrative af...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage
- Right of inquiry aims to keep KPK on track: Hanura