RI loses Asian Games bid to Vietnam
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia’s hopes to host the 2019 Asian Games faltered on Thursday, following a vote by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) general assembly in favor of Hanoi over Surabaya, East Java.
The Vietnamese capital won 29 votes out of 43, while the remaining 14 countries voted for Surabaya.
United Arab Emirates’ Dubai had failed to qualify for the bidding due to lack of administrative af...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Grab, Paytren sign business deal
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya says he has been 'suffering from diarrhea' during hearing