‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president