‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter