‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Xi gets 100% of votes for new term as key ally named VP