‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Garuda Indonesia reigns as world’s best airline cabin crew for fourth consecutive year
- Bali ready for Obama vacation
- Ahok to move back to Cipinang
- Snipers deployed to secure Idul Fitri travelers in East Java
- Government set to revise negative investment list again
- Malang students invent device that pinches butt of drowsy drivers
- Everyone named Bambang invited for 'iftar' today
- Jakarta plans to spend Rp 74 trillion next year
- Golkar supports KPK investigation into cadre's alleged corruption: Setya
- Jokowi celebrates birthday by distributing staple goods to Bogor residents