‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Crystal meth from Malaysia seized in Riau Islands
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Ministry to scrap expiry date for SIUP, TDP
- BNN shoots dead drug trafficker in Medan
- Madiun mayor charged with multiple counts of graft
- Indonesian coconut enjoys sweet spot in Hungary
- Rampant corruption in villages caused by incompetence: ICW
- Hizbut Tahrir rejects rules on Friday sermons