‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Indonesian women's group issues edict against child marriage