‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- INSIGHT: Indonesia – a nation of three clichés
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Jokowi bestows honorary medals for distinguished services
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Thousands Islands to host Tidung Festival 2017