‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror