‘Odong-odong’ survives by taking children to parks
The Jakarta Post
A man drives an odong-odong amusement ride on Jl. Angkasa in Central Jakarta. The kids pay for Rp. 1,000 (10 US cents) a ride. (JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)Green, green, everywhere, but no parks to play in.
The office buildings, mansions and golf courses of the capital offer plenty of shady gardens and green expanses to those who can access them.
Children like 3-year-old Muhammad Hafiz, ho...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots