The false choice between palm oil and RI forests
Palm oil is on a lot of people’s minds. In Indonesia, the industry is booming, with US$19.7 billion of crude palm oil exports in 2011. But expanding oil palm plantations have taken their toll on remaining forests and other natural habitats in tropical regions and led to conflict over land with local people.
The world’s top scientists are also raising concerns. Accordi...
- Preparing ahead for smart contracts
- Persecuted couple in Tangerang gets married
- Indonesia to limit e-cigarette imports, sales: Minister
- Goldman Sachs ordered to pay $24 million to Indonesia tycoon
- Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs inaugurates two ships for Sail Sabang
- Asia's richest banker spots a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity
- Court rejects pretrial motion of hate speech suspect Jonru Ginting
- SOEs develop Papuan coffee for export
- China's Tencent overtakes Facebook in market value
- Airport trains to start running early next month