The false choice between palm oil and RI forests
Palm oil is on a lot of people’s minds. In Indonesia, the industry is booming, with US$19.7 billion of crude palm oil exports in 2011. But expanding oil palm plantations have taken their toll on remaining forests and other natural habitats in tropical regions and led to conflict over land with local people.
The world’s top scientists are also raising concerns. Accordi...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Ancol to go cashless
- Sriwijaya's trick of the trade in maintaining maritime sovereignty
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Telstra establishes new cyber security center
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Take bite out of mosquitoes by using nuclear technology, forum told
- Uber loses licence to operate in London: authorities