The false choice between palm oil and RI forests
Palm oil is on a lot of people’s minds. In Indonesia, the industry is booming, with US$19.7 billion of crude palm oil exports in 2011. But expanding oil palm plantations have taken their toll on remaining forests and other natural habitats in tropical regions and led to conflict over land with local people.
The world’s top scientists are also raising concerns. Accordi...
- Liam Gallagher postpones Jakarta concert date
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Papuan student jailed for resisting arrest in Yogyakarta
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police