Salman Aristo: Learning from great pens
The Jakarta Post
Salman Aristo is a skillful screenwriter who learned screenwriting from scratch. His career as a screenwriter began after he met film director Hanung Bramantyo, who employed him to write the 2005 drama, Brownies. Since then, Salman has penned and cowritten numerous films, including Laskar Pelangi (Rainbow Warriors), Ayat-ayat Cinta (Verses of Love) and Sang Penari (The Dancer).
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill