Sampang Shia ask UN commissioner for help
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Shia community from Sampang, Madura, East Java, who have suffered religious persecution, called on the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights Navanethem Pillay to address their plight — including the latest mass religious conversion that had been forced upon them by Sunni clerics.
Umi Kulsum, the wife of Shiite leader Tajul Muluk who was sent to jail for blasphemy...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal