Sampang Shia ask UN commissioner for help
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Shia community from Sampang, Madura, East Java, who have suffered religious persecution, called on the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights Navanethem Pillay to address their plight — including the latest mass religious conversion that had been forced upon them by Sunni clerics.
Umi Kulsum, the wife of Shiite leader Tajul Muluk who was sent to jail for blasphemy...
- Chris Hemsworth is done with being Thor ‘contractually’ after fourth movie
- Indonesia to auction 43 oil and gas blocks by March
- Australian Open: Tantrums, trolls and temperature tumbles
- House to set up team to monitor rice import policy
- Prime Mum-ister: New Zealand PM says she's having a baby
- Here's what Celine Dion's Diamond ticket will give you
- Booby-trapped messaging apps used for spying: researchers
- Indonesia, Bangladesh kick off pre-trade talks
- Govt to facilitate salt imports
- Government to slash subsidy for railway pioneer routes