Sampang Shia ask UN commissioner for help
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
Members of the Shia community from Sampang, Madura, East Java, who have suffered religious persecution, called on the United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights Navanethem Pillay to address their plight — including the latest mass religious conversion that had been forced upon them by Sunni clerics.
Umi Kulsum, the wife of Shiite leader Tajul Muluk who was sent to jail for blasphemy...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Indorama invests US$25 million in rubber glove industry
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road