Baihajar Tualeka: Ex bomb-maker who campaigns for peace
The Jakarta Post
In the wide spectrum between war and peace, Baihajar Tualeka has tasted life at both extremes.
Years ago, during the tumultuous times of the sectarian conflict in Maluku in the late 1990s when violence broke out between Muslims and Christians in the province, Bai — as the 38-year-old Muslim is affectionately called — used to help men make Molotov cocktails and slingshots.
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Authorities finalize legal revisions to relax margin trading
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares