UN urges RI to address ‘lawful’ persecution
Margareth S. Aritonang and Yohana Ririhena
The Jakarta Post
The United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights Navanethem Pillay has strongly urged the Indonesian government to amend or repeal laws and regulations she deemed discriminatory against religious minorities.
Pillay also urged the Indonesian government to accept the presence of a UN special rapporteur on freedom of religion as a response to the ongoing religious persecution in the countr...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault