UN urges RI to address ‘lawful’ persecution
Margareth S. Aritonang and Yohana Ririhena
The Jakarta Post
The United Nations High Commissioner on Human Rights Navanethem Pillay has strongly urged the Indonesian government to amend or repeal laws and regulations she deemed discriminatory against religious minorities.
Pillay also urged the Indonesian government to accept the presence of a UN special rapporteur on freedom of religion as a response to the ongoing religious persecution in the countr...
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Jokowi praises Jakarta for Semanggi interchange
- Three former presidents join Jokowi to celebrate Independence Day
- UGM tops RI university ranking
- Ahok, other prisoners barred from Independence Day event
- Eleven teens suspected in prostitution ring
- KPK gets new information on flow of funds in e-ID graft
- China gets tough on long, odd company names
- At least 13 dead and 50 injured in Barcelona van attack