Sacred buffaloes go on strike at Solo Palace
The Jakarta Post
The much awaited traditional Javanese New Year street celebrations, which coincided with the Islamic New Year, had to be delayed for more than an hour because the palace’s revered pet buffaloes briefly went on strike.
The kingdom of Solo, as Surakarta — one of the Javanese cultural bastions — is better known, has nine albino buffaloes affectionately called kebo bule (pale buffaloes)....
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Missing NZ tourist found dead