Sacred buffaloes go on strike at Solo Palace
The Jakarta Post
The much awaited traditional Javanese New Year street celebrations, which coincided with the Islamic New Year, had to be delayed for more than an hour because the palace’s revered pet buffaloes briefly went on strike.
The kingdom of Solo, as Surakarta — one of the Javanese cultural bastions — is better known, has nine albino buffaloes affectionately called kebo bule (pale buffaloes)....
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI