Democratic Party in chaos over gubernatorial candidate selection
The Jakarta Post
The final day of registration for gubernatorial hopefuls at the North Sumatra General Elections Commission (KPUD) in Medan on Friday was marred by chaos due to a conflict of interest between the central government and provincial administration.
The incident ensued when two candidate pairs from the Democratic Party were equally determined to register at the KPUD as they claimed that they had...
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- Riau Islands Police beefed up to 12,000 to anticipate South China Sea tension
- Pinot competes with Beyonce in annual social media awards
- Asia’s most and least powerful passports
- Graft cases may affect Agus, Sylviana's electability: Pollster
- Indonesian Military to build naval base in Papua
- Qatar new target of Indonesia’s weapons export
- Anti graft body may detain ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO on Rolls Royce deals
- Three Indonesians kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf
- Police ban transgender cultural event in South Sulawesi