Democratic Party in chaos over gubernatorial candidate selection
The Jakarta Post
The final day of registration for gubernatorial hopefuls at the North Sumatra General Elections Commission (KPUD) in Medan on Friday was marred by chaos due to a conflict of interest between the central government and provincial administration.
The incident ensued when two candidate pairs from the Democratic Party were equally determined to register at the KPUD as they claimed that they had...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Deputy police chief dies in N. Sumatra speedboat accident