ASEAN leaders adopt lame-duck rights declaration
Novan Iman Santosa and Yohanna Ririhena
The Jakarta Post
Pledging to promote and protect human rights along with democracy, rule of law and good governance, 10 ASEAN leaders adopted the first human rights declaration in the region amid criticism that it falls short of international principles.
“The adoption of the ASEAN Human Rights Declaration [AHRD] at the 21st ASEAN Summit will further
promote peace, security, reconciliation and the pro...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse