Jambi legislator demands mining audit
The Jakarta Post
The Jambi Legislative Council has demanded an audit of coal mining licensing practices to help prevent overlapping mining concessions.
Yasir, head of Commission II of Jambi council, said over the weekend that the audit was needed to improve the current system. “Through the audit, it will become clear which licenses are still valid and which have already expired,” he said.
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups