Your letters: Regarding the US election
The Jakarta Post
The Republicans did not lose the US election because of constituencies or demographics. Neither is Barack Obama the problem. We are!
Public schools are. A rotting pop culture is. Modernism in the Catholic Church is. Obama has been reelected simply because America, like any nation, will always only get the leaders it deserves. We told God to go to hell a long time ago, and God is now allowing us to see what life is like without Him.
America is a Christian nation, and our help is in the name of the Lord — not electoral politics.
Even by John F. Kennedy’s standards, Mitt Romney is a rabid liberal who would not have altered the course for America.
We need something more. Much more! Two-thousand years ago a lone soldier with his metaphorical armor shining beneath the moon, galloped through the land.
Where hooves thunder, the ground became alive with sprouts and tendrils, and bare trees started to bud, and grasses to blossom, the power of nature exploding into life.
This soldier was able to rally the people to rediscover what is best in men. Today we need that soldier once more to inspire the masses to defend what was, and the dream of what could be once more.
Hamilton, Ontario. Canada
- Protesters put pressure on Metro TV, Kompas TV over ‘biased reporting’
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Islamic religious texts must be read in context to understand blasphemy
- N. Sumatra governor fires official after intimidation from angry anti-Ahok crowd
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally
- Thousands of worshipers flock to Monas for anti-Ahok gathering
- House of Representatives remained secure, police chief says
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects