Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official