Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- Ministry to scrap expiry date for SIUP, TDP
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- BNN shoots dead drug trafficker in Medan
- Madiun mayor charged with multiple counts of graft
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Rampant corruption in villages caused by incompetence: ICW
- Hizbut Tahrir rejects rules on Friday sermons
- Malaysia holds reconstruction of Kim Jong-nam murder
- Six inmates escape Abepura prison