Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Pay-as-you-wish museum trips offered to Idul Fitri holidaymakers
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Police closely monitor Syria returnees after IS-linked attack in Medan
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta