Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health