Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- Police refute FPI’s accusation of unfair handling of Bandung clash
- Jl. Fatmawati to be closed for 6 months
- Harvard's digital photography course now available for free
- Anti-Ahok sentiment helps ex-president's son take the lead: Survey
- Prosecutors to present more remarks by Ahok
- FPI threatens to report Megawati to police for blasphemy
- Vision, mission ‘less important’ for Jakarta voters: Study
- Ahok’s lawyers refuse to continue hearing due to unscheduled witnesses
- Jakarta Police to question FPI leader for ‘spreading hatred’
- Pertamina allocates US$54 billion to strengthen upstream industry