Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- Teen suspect killed 6
- New lava flow crosses onto Hawaii geothermal plant property
- Rainbow flags and high heels: S. Korea holds debut drag parade