Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief