Frederick John Bowden: A passionate linguistic typologist
Fascinated with the Indonesian language and its vernacular languages, John Bowden decided to visit Maluku in 1993 — the year when he learned the language through conversing with people on the streets. His choice of Maluku over other provinces was motivated by his passion to research the South Halmahera language spoken there.
Though he had spent a year learning Indonesian at the University...
- 19 district heads in Papua sentenced to six months’ probation
- Review: 'Guardians' returns and it's better than the first
- Europe on Screen's open air screening section to feature 11 films
- No Cabinet reshuffle so far: Jokowi
- Police to question Rizieq’s wife in alleged sext scandal
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Simulating mom's womb in research to help earliest preemies
- Netizens make fun of Nordstrom and Topshop's muddy, plastic jeans
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- German artist Gerhard Richter opens retrospective in Prague