Future, jobs, happiness: Eradicating poverty the Sawahlunto way
Syofiardi Bachyul Jb
The Jakarta Post
The Sawahlunto municipality’s achievement in transforming the city from a former coal mining town into a prime tourist city has become a major topic of discussion in West Sumatra, but its other great achievement has been less exposed, namely its success in eradicating poverty through concrete and continuous programs involving residents.
The programs have been successful in suppressing the...
- Sandiaga Uno waiting for Ahok’s family’s permission to visit him
- North Sumatra police attacker spent six months in Syria: Police
- First female infantry captain marks change of the guard in London
- Clinton praises Aceh tsunami recovery efforts
- Over 8,000 migrants rescued in Med in 48 hours
- Telkomsel's data usage surges 136% during Lebaran
- Obama's vacation beneficial to Indonesia tourism: Minister
- Knife-carrying man nabbed for breaking into headquarters of Central Java Police
- Facebook to produce own TV series, games
- Jokowi donates staple food packages during hometown visit