Jokowi wants to delay, maybe drop, ‘warteg’ tax
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says that he will delay levying taxes on the city’s popular
warteg sidewalk food stalls.
The governor said that the taxes would burden the city’s small and medium-scale food-and-beverage businesses.
“It would be better if it [the warteg tax] is eventually scrapped. Let the levy be imposed on larger
restaurants only,” Jokowi sa...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Indorama invests US$25 million in rubber glove industry
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road