Jokowi wants to delay, maybe drop, ‘warteg’ tax
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says that he will delay levying taxes on the city’s popular
warteg sidewalk food stalls.
The governor said that the taxes would burden the city’s small and medium-scale food-and-beverage businesses.
“It would be better if it [the warteg tax] is eventually scrapped. Let the levy be imposed on larger
restaurants only,” Jokowi sa...
- All new oil and gas contracts must use gross-split
- Rain and Kim Tae-hee exchange wedding vows
- Noose tightens around FPI leader
- NU, Muhammadiyah suffer setbacks over their roles in society
- Police step up investigation into Rizieq Shihab
- Ex-Garuda Indonesia CEO named as corruption suspect on Rolls-Royce engines purchasing
- 'Dangal' named highest grossing Bollywood movie of all time
- Cases against FPI leader may boost Ahok’s electability: Researcher
- Agus could win in West, East Jakarta, Ahok in Central, North Jakarta: Pollster
- Agus still front runner, but Ahok's popularity increasing: Survey