Jokowi wants to delay, maybe drop, ‘warteg’ tax
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says that he will delay levying taxes on the city’s popular
warteg sidewalk food stalls.
The governor said that the taxes would burden the city’s small and medium-scale food-and-beverage businesses.
“It would be better if it [the warteg tax] is eventually scrapped. Let the levy be imposed on larger
restaurants only,” Jokowi sa...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods