Jokowi wants to delay, maybe drop, ‘warteg’ tax
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo says that he will delay levying taxes on the city’s popular
warteg sidewalk food stalls.
The governor said that the taxes would burden the city’s small and medium-scale food-and-beverage businesses.
“It would be better if it [the warteg tax] is eventually scrapped. Let the levy be imposed on larger
restaurants only,” Jokowi sa...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime