Commentary: Bank Indonesia bows to political pressure on DBS-Danamon deal
The Jakarta Post
Bank Indonesia (BI), the nation’s central bank and ostensibly an independent institution, effectively said on Friday that it had succumbed to political pressure when evaluating the application filed in April by DBS Bank in Singapore to acquire almost a 67.5 percent stake in Bank Danamon, Indonesia’s sixth-largest bank.
BI Governor Darmin Nasution told reporters that the purchase,...
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- FBI investigating new person of interest in Vegas shooting
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey