Editorial: The rise of wasteful spending
The Jakarta Post
The Energy Commission at the House of Representatives, as widely predicted, approved on Monday the government proposal to increase the volume of subsidized fuel by 1.2 million kiloliters (kl) at a cost of Rp 6 trillion (US$625 million), thereby raising this year’s wasteful spending to more than $24 billion.
That was the second increase this year. Last September when the House and the gove...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Premiere of 'A Dog's Purpose' canceled amid treatment issue
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case