Editorial: The rise of wasteful spending
The Jakarta Post
The Energy Commission at the House of Representatives, as widely predicted, approved on Monday the government proposal to increase the volume of subsidized fuel by 1.2 million kiloliters (kl) at a cost of Rp 6 trillion (US$625 million), thereby raising this year’s wasteful spending to more than $24 billion.
That was the second increase this year. Last September when the House and the gove...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Indonesian Achievements Festival to recognize 72 'Icons'
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Jakarta to host ASEAN 50 Parade
- Choosing the right English language measurement tool