Editorial: The rise of wasteful spending
The Jakarta Post
The Energy Commission at the House of Representatives, as widely predicted, approved on Monday the government proposal to increase the volume of subsidized fuel by 1.2 million kiloliters (kl) at a cost of Rp 6 trillion (US$625 million), thereby raising this year’s wasteful spending to more than $24 billion.
That was the second increase this year. Last September when the House and the gove...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Palm oil practices and ecosystem sustainability