Editorial: The rise of wasteful spending
The Jakarta Post
The Energy Commission at the House of Representatives, as widely predicted, approved on Monday the government proposal to increase the volume of subsidized fuel by 1.2 million kiloliters (kl) at a cost of Rp 6 trillion (US$625 million), thereby raising this year’s wasteful spending to more than $24 billion.
That was the second increase this year. Last September when the House and the gove...
- Death toll in Marawi could rise 'significantly': Military
- Pay-as-you-wish museum trips offered to Idul Fitri holidaymakers
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- Police closely monitor Syria returnees after IS-linked attack in Medan
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- 17 new routes opened at AP II airports so far this year
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta