Editorial: Smart cards for students
The Jakarta Post
The recent launch of the so-called Kartu Jakarta Pintar (Jakarta Smart Cards) by the Jakarta city administration to support students of low-income families is commendable as it will extend the administration’s existing support programs for students of private schools, who have frequently been excluded from such financial assistance schemes.
The administration has distributed 3,000 smart c...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Quality of West Kalimantan airport questioned following ceiling collapse