Nation’s ‘elitist’ labor movement is consumed by factionalism
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Despite an outward appearance of solidarity in support of demands for improving the welfare of the nation’s workers, local labor unions are divided and out of touch with a majority of their members.
The only thing contributing to the labor movement’s success over the last decade has been an increased number of unions, due to the political liberalization that followed the fall of the New...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash