Govt plans levy on sweetened, carbonated drinks
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
In an attempt to control the consumption of sweetened, carbonated beverages, the government is planning to impose a levy on the drinks which, if consumed, are believed to negatively impact people’s health.
Finance Ministry fiscal agency interim head Bambang Brodjonegoro said in Jakarta on Tuesday that consumption of sweetened, carbonated beverages needed to be controlled because of healt...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau