Govt plans levy on sweetened, carbonated drinks
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
In an attempt to control the consumption of sweetened, carbonated beverages, the government is planning to impose a levy on the drinks which, if consumed, are believed to negatively impact people’s health.
Finance Ministry fiscal agency interim head Bambang Brodjonegoro said in Jakarta on Tuesday that consumption of sweetened, carbonated beverages needed to be controlled because of healt...
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- Facebook suspends Trump election data firm for policy breach
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final