National scene: Most HIV/AIDS budget from abroad
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta: As much as 70 percent of the government’s budget for HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention programs come from foreign donations, making the nation’s fight against the disease vulnerable.
“Indonesia should be able to fund its HIV/AIDS treatment services without foreign help if it wants sustainable programs,” Coordinating People’s Welfare Minister Agung Laksono said during the ...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017