In prisoner uniform, Djoko arrives at KPK
The Jakarta Post
Former National Police Traffic Corps chief Insp. Gen. Djoko Susilo was questioned on Thursday by Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators as a witness against his former deputy, Brig. Gen. Didik Purnomo.
Djoko, the main suspect in the driving simulator procurement scandal, arrived at the KPK building sporting a detainee uniform. He has been held at the military detention facility on Jl. Guntur in South Jakarta since Dec. 3.
“He was questioned as a witness against his former deputy,” Djoko’s lawyer, Hotma Sitompul, told the press here on Thursday.
The former chief of the National Police Academy (Akpol) immediately entered the KPK building upon arrival and made no statement to the media, Antara news agency reported.
“This shows that we follow the procedures. Those who claim that my client is guilty must be able to prove it,” Hotma added.
KPK named Djoko a suspect in the scandal on July 27 in a move that triggered tension between the KPK and the National Police. Later, the police withdrew several personnel seconded to the KPK.
- Jokowi treason arrests questioned
- Taeyeon and Wiz Khalifa tussle over MAMA performance
- KPK signs agreement with police, AGO to ease monitoring of graft cases
- Payment integration sought to propel e-commerce development
- Presidential aircraft a test of patience for nation’s VVIPs
- Ministry tells Indonesian airliners to hire 900 jobless local pilots
- Ahok blasphemy trial to start Thursday
- Papua to see air navigation system upgrades to prevent more crashes
- Wings Air connects Yahukimo to Jayapura
- New Zealand Prime Minister John Key resigns after 8 years