In prisoner uniform, Djoko arrives at KPK
The Jakarta Post
Former National Police Traffic Corps chief Insp. Gen. Djoko Susilo was questioned on Thursday by Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators as a witness against his former deputy, Brig. Gen. Didik Purnomo.
Djoko, the main suspect in the driving simulator procurement scandal, arrived at the KPK building sporting a detainee uniform. He has been held at the military detention facility on Jl. Guntur in South Jakarta since Dec. 3.
“He was questioned as a witness against his former deputy,” Djoko’s lawyer, Hotma Sitompul, told the press here on Thursday.
The former chief of the National Police Academy (Akpol) immediately entered the KPK building upon arrival and made no statement to the media, Antara news agency reported.
“This shows that we follow the procedures. Those who claim that my client is guilty must be able to prove it,” Hotma added.
KPK named Djoko a suspect in the scandal on July 27 in a move that triggered tension between the KPK and the National Police. Later, the police withdrew several personnel seconded to the KPK.
- Dutch woman dies after train accident in Yogyakarta
- 10 arrested over alleged illegal levies in S. Sulawesi
- Piko-Taro’s ‘Pen Pineapple Apple Pen’ debuts on Billboard 100
- Japan pledges support for Indonesian infrastructure development
- Double standards: The defining of homosexuality as pornographic in Indonesia
- Alleged foreign sex workers facing immigration charges
- We are working to address traffic congestion: Ahok
- Jokowi's Java-centric development widening wealth gap: INDEF
- Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur to have one halal certification
- Second legal warning over land ownership ban sent to Yogyakarta governor