The history of sugar and more
New shape: The “Sugar Town, Inc.” exhibition takes the form of a grocery store and coffee shop.Entering the exhibition room at the Kunstkring Gallery in Jakarta, “Sugar Town, Inc.” visitors find that they are not just looking at photographs.
Instead, they find history in the warm, familiar setting of a grocery store selling merchandise and memorabilia.
The exhibition is deri...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt