Editorial: Rupiah under strong pressure
The Jakarta Post
The rupiah, one of the top gainers against the US dollar in 2011, could end up as one of the worst performing currencies in the region this year — which would be strange, as Indonesia’s economy continues to grow robustly.
Even though the nation’s annual economic growth rate may have declined slightly from last year’s respectable 6.5 percent, it will still most likely end up around 6...
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes