Editorial: Rupiah under strong pressure
The Jakarta Post
The rupiah, one of the top gainers against the US dollar in 2011, could end up as one of the worst performing currencies in the region this year — which would be strange, as Indonesia’s economy continues to grow robustly.
Even though the nation’s annual economic growth rate may have declined slightly from last year’s respectable 6.5 percent, it will still most likely end up around 6...
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Jonghyun's last album released posthumously
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Indonesia eyes 3 percent inflation rate in 2020
- The xx to perform in Jakarta on Tuesday