Aceng, ‘nikah siri’ and a weak Marriage Law
Unregistered marriages (nikah siri) in Indonesia are a familiar thing, despite the ensuing controversy. The most recent polemic surrounding the issue concerns Garut Regent Aceng Fikri, who has come under fire for marrying a 17-year-old girl, identified only as FO, in an unregistered Islamic marriage ceremony on July 14, only to divorce her via text message four days later.
The case has dra...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Jakarta's Pacific Place opens doors to ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ universe
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone