Editorial: Time for gun control?
The Jakarta Post
The shooting spree that took place on Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, US, killing 27 people, including 20 of the school’s students, shocked not only the American people, but also the world. The incident has added to the series of mass killings in the country, where individual gun ownership — and gun violence — has long been a distinctive feature of society.
- Barack Obama returns to the political arena
- Survey finds Jakarta among world’s worst for women
- Marinda airport in Raja Ampat set to become international airport
- More drug dealers to be shot dead: BNN chief
- Across Asia, liver cancer is linked to herbal remedies: Study
- EDITORIAL: Jokowi grows on the job
- Airline, bank reach for the sky with e-money
- Preventing osteoporosis: How to boost bone health
- North Jakarta group cancels Alexis Hotel protest
- Philippines to reject EU aid: Duterte