Editorial: Time for gun control?
The Jakarta Post
The shooting spree that took place on Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, US, killing 27 people, including 20 of the school’s students, shocked not only the American people, but also the world. The incident has added to the series of mass killings in the country, where individual gun ownership — and gun violence — has long been a distinctive feature of society.
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares