Editorial: Time for gun control?
The Jakarta Post
The shooting spree that took place on Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, US, killing 27 people, including 20 of the school’s students, shocked not only the American people, but also the world. The incident has added to the series of mass killings in the country, where individual gun ownership — and gun violence — has long been a distinctive feature of society.
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault
- KPK goes all in on BLBI case