National environmental movement mourns the passing of a leader
At work: Hapsoro oversees a ceremony to recognize new members of the Telapak network in this undated photo. Courtesy of Forest Watch IndonesiaFor the helmsman of a tech-savvy, archipelago-spanning NGO, Hapsoro cut a distinctly retro figure. In Bogor, his home base, people remember him on “car-free” Sunday mornings riding a beat-up bicycle in a sarong and batik blangkon turban.
As a fou...
- Jonghyun's last album released posthumously
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Jokowi tells military, police to maintain neutrality in upcoming elections
- Indonesia eyes 3 percent inflation rate in 2020
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- 'Transformers' leads Razzie pack for Hollywood's worst in 2017
- Roads less traveled in Pakistan
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31