Govt to press on with 2014 deadline for smelting projects
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
With at least seven firms starting construction of mineral smelting plants in Indonesia this year, the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry is pressing on with its plan to completely ban the export of unprocessed minerals in 2014 as stipulated in the 2009 Mining Law, despite a challenge by business players.
The ministry’s director general for minerals and coals Thamrin Sihite said on Mo...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault
- KPK goes all in on BLBI case