Govt to press on with 2014 deadline for smelting projects
Amahl S. Azwar
The Jakarta Post
With at least seven firms starting construction of mineral smelting plants in Indonesia this year, the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry is pressing on with its plan to completely ban the export of unprocessed minerals in 2014 as stipulated in the 2009 Mining Law, despite a challenge by business players.
The ministry’s director general for minerals and coals Thamrin Sihite said on Mo...
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Four university staff, students suspected as HTI supporters