Jokowi struggles to find solutions amid flooding in capital city
Novia D. Rulistia and Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is seeking ways to prevent the inundation of the city’s main thoroughfares as officials warn of more flooding in the coming days.
Jokowi, who has been in office for more than two months, has ordered all related agencies to further investigate the cause of flooding in several new spots in the city.
“There must be something wrong an...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- Swedish defense firm launches defense studies scholarship