Jokowi struggles to find solutions amid flooding in capital city
Novia D. Rulistia and Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is seeking ways to prevent the inundation of the city’s main thoroughfares as officials warn of more flooding in the coming days.
Jokowi, who has been in office for more than two months, has ordered all related agencies to further investigate the cause of flooding in several new spots in the city.
“There must be something wrong an...
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- ‘Otaku’ dating site’s advice to users: Have other interests besides anime