Jokowi struggles to find solutions amid flooding in capital city
Novia D. Rulistia and Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Governor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo is seeking ways to prevent the inundation of the city’s main thoroughfares as officials warn of more flooding in the coming days.
Jokowi, who has been in office for more than two months, has ordered all related agencies to further investigate the cause of flooding in several new spots in the city.
“There must be something wrong an...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Thousands of online ‘ojek’ drivers stage rally, demand better pay, partnerships
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run