Govt to use sukuk for infrastructure projects
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian government will issue rupiah-denominated sukuk Islamic bonds to finance state projects next year, a move welcomed by analysts as a breakthrough in the development of the country’s undersized Islamic finance sector.
The Finance Ministry plans to borrow up to Rp 1 trillion (US$103.5 million) through sukuk issuance to finance state projects next year, according to the 2013 sta...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Palm oil practices and ecosystem sustainability