Analysis: Jakarta jitters: Currency sensitivity study
There are three reasons why we think the Indonesian rupiah (IDR) was the region’s weakest 2012 performing currency, down 6.2 percent against the US dollar (USD).
BI did not really intervene in a big way, and with the shallow Foreign Exchange (FX) market, even the slightest pick-up in demand managed to weaken the IDR.
There are concerns on widening deficit given higher oil prices. ...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Chinese giant jumps into $980m power plant, LNG projects