Analysis: Jakarta jitters: Currency sensitivity study
There are three reasons why we think the Indonesian rupiah (IDR) was the region’s weakest 2012 performing currency, down 6.2 percent against the US dollar (USD).
BI did not really intervene in a big way, and with the shallow Foreign Exchange (FX) market, even the slightest pick-up in demand managed to weaken the IDR.
There are concerns on widening deficit given higher oil prices. ...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Barito Pacific secures $250 million loan to acquire Star Energy Group Holdings