Analysis: Jakarta jitters: Currency sensitivity study
There are three reasons why we think the Indonesian rupiah (IDR) was the region’s weakest 2012 performing currency, down 6.2 percent against the US dollar (USD).
BI did not really intervene in a big way, and with the shallow Foreign Exchange (FX) market, even the slightest pick-up in demand managed to weaken the IDR.
There are concerns on widening deficit given higher oil prices. ...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'