Analysis: Jakarta jitters: Currency sensitivity study
There are three reasons why we think the Indonesian rupiah (IDR) was the region’s weakest 2012 performing currency, down 6.2 percent against the US dollar (USD).
BI did not really intervene in a big way, and with the shallow Foreign Exchange (FX) market, even the slightest pick-up in demand managed to weaken the IDR.
There are concerns on widening deficit given higher oil prices. ...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber