Jakarta under constant threat of flooding and rising sea levels
Jakarta, with its booming population, is facing a challenge from anthropogenic climate change. The city represents an exceptional concentration of 10 million people located close to the sea’s edge and therefore vulnerable to rising sea levels.
Greater Jakarta is a delta city that has constantly been at risk of flooding. During the Indonesia Delta Forum held in Semarang in October 2010, t...
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- France begins voting in presidential poll amid high security
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Indonesian students win top honors at science competition in Germany