Jakarta under constant threat of flooding and rising sea levels
Jakarta, with its booming population, is facing a challenge from anthropogenic climate change. The city represents an exceptional concentration of 10 million people located close to the sea’s edge and therefore vulnerable to rising sea levels.
Greater Jakarta is a delta city that has constantly been at risk of flooding. During the Indonesia Delta Forum held in Semarang in October 2010, t...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Police remain vigilant in areas with tight election margins
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani