National scene: Funeral held for former Air Force commander
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A state funeral was held on Tuesday for former Indonesian Air Force (TNI AU) commander Marshall Utomo, who passed away on Monday. Utomo who was 78, headed up the Air Force during the late New Order period.
He was buried at the Kalibata National Heroes Cemetery.
Utomo, who died on Monday from an age-related illness, served as Air Force commander between 1986 and 1990, and l...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase