National scene: Funeral held for former Air Force commander
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A state funeral was held on Tuesday for former Indonesian Air Force (TNI AU) commander Marshall Utomo, who passed away on Monday. Utomo who was 78, headed up the Air Force during the late New Order period.
He was buried at the Kalibata National Heroes Cemetery.
Utomo, who died on Monday from an age-related illness, served as Air Force commander between 1986 and 1990, and later as ambassador to Spain.
While ambassador in Spain, Utomo lost his wife Titin Utarin and his son Oki Bhismatama in a traffic accident, kompas.com reported.
- Two Malaysians arrested in Batam for suspected human trafficking
- Two foreign tourists die in motorcycle accident in Bali
- Industry risks startup bubble
- Man accused of charging illegal fees to former East Timor residents
- LPG explosion in Pizza Hut outlet destroys four buildings
- Victory in sight, Clinton still grapples with negative views
- Jokowi's achievements need closer scrutiny: Indef
- Australian delegation to meet trade minister Monday for meat talks
- Hong Kong to lure tourists with food festival
- EU supports development of Lake Toba tourism