National scene: Funeral held for former Air Force commander
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A state funeral was held on Tuesday for former Indonesian Air Force (TNI AU) commander Marshall Utomo, who passed away on Monday. Utomo who was 78, headed up the Air Force during the late New Order period.
He was buried at the Kalibata National Heroes Cemetery.
Utomo, who died on Monday from an age-related illness, served as Air Force commander between 1986 and 1990, and later as ambassador to Spain.
While ambassador in Spain, Utomo lost his wife Titin Utarin and his son Oki Bhismatama in a traffic accident, kompas.com reported.
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy