Regent grilled on teen marriage scandal
The Jakarta Post
The West Java Police say that they questioned Garut Regent Aceng Fikri for six hours on Tuesday on his scandalous marriage to — and speedy divorce from — a 17-year-old girl.
The chief of the provincial police’s criminal investigations unit, Sr. Comr. Slamet Riyanto, said Aceng was interrogated following a report filed with the police by Indonesian Child Protection Commission task forc...
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Batam, Yokohama to collaborate in urban development projects
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- Facebook gets Indonesia nod for local unit
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Most crimes in Jakarta committed by youngsters: Research