KY to raise standards after rape joke incident
The Jakarta Post
After admitting to having made a mistake in recommending “rape joke” judge Muhammad Daming Sunusi for “fit-and-proper” tests, the Judicial Commission (KY) has decided to tighten requirements for Supreme Court justice candidates.
The commission said that in future, they would select candidates who were more sensitive to gender issues.
“The Daming incident taught us a lesson...
- The life lessons of ‘Goblin'
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Domestic finance won't cost the Earth
- Mercedes-Benz begins local assembly of CKD E-Class
- Mother of deceased UII student files police report over alleged bullying
- No Thousand Islands resident listening took offense: Ahok's cameraman
- Newly-wedded Korean idols Rain, Kim Tae Hee arrive in Bali for honeymoon
- Eyewitness refuses to conclude Ahok committed blasphemy
- Experts weigh in on the right amount of sleep
- PLN gives Pertamina more time in Java 1 project