KY to raise standards after rape joke incident
The Jakarta Post
After admitting to having made a mistake in recommending “rape joke” judge Muhammad Daming Sunusi for “fit-and-proper” tests, the Judicial Commission (KY) has decided to tighten requirements for Supreme Court justice candidates.
The commission said that in future, they would select candidates who were more sensitive to gender issues.
“The Daming incident taught us a lesson...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- RI awaits official KL apology on SEA Games 'flag incident’: Sports minister
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children