KY to raise standards after rape joke incident
The Jakarta Post
After admitting to having made a mistake in recommending “rape joke” judge Muhammad Daming Sunusi for “fit-and-proper” tests, the Judicial Commission (KY) has decided to tighten requirements for Supreme Court justice candidates.
The commission said that in future, they would select candidates who were more sensitive to gender issues.
“The Daming incident taught us a lesson...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens