State secrets bill a ‘threat to free press’
The Jakarta Post
The Press Council is calling for a rethink of the draft state secrets bill that has been given priority on the House of Representatives’ legislative agenda for 2013.
If enacted into law, the current bill would jeopardize press freedom, which is one of the pillars of democracy, the council said.
The bill, drafted by the Defense Ministry, stipulates that state information about sec...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens