Public expenditure for regional disaster mitigation
The floods that hit several areas in Indonesia, especially Jakarta, have been a warning to some provinces and districts of the need to provide disaster mitigation spending in local budgets.
Natural disasters do not just include flooding, but other catastrophes such as the tsunami that hit Aceh in late-2004 and the fatal earthquakes including the Yogyakarta earthquake in May 2006 and the Pa...
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- One killed, six injured in Bali boat collision
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago
- Divers clean up Bali reefs