Public expenditure for regional disaster mitigation
The floods that hit several areas in Indonesia, especially Jakarta, have been a warning to some provinces and districts of the need to provide disaster mitigation spending in local budgets.
Natural disasters do not just include flooding, but other catastrophes such as the tsunami that hit Aceh in late-2004 and the fatal earthquakes including the Yogyakarta earthquake in May 2006 and the Pa...
- Indonesia ready for Freeport tribunal
- Muslim group promises no violence at anti-Ahok rally
- Freeport gives government four months to negotiate new settlement
- Indonesia's tough stance causes headache for tuna exporters
- Police terminate investigation into UI lecturer’s alleged blasphemy
- Police to investigate North Korean restaurant on spy activity
- Jakarta Police to deploy 10,000 personnel to anti-Ahok rally
- Millenials ask Jokowi questions, their way
- Government may need to borrow for certain spending: Sri Mulyani
- Police remain vigilant in areas with tight election margins