New Year bustle in Jakarta’s Chinatown
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Chinese New Year lanterns hang outside a shop on Jl. Kemenangan Tiga in Glodok, West Jakarta.The zigzagging alleyways, festively colored by ornaments in shades of bright red with generous dashes of gold, were crowded with people making their last purchases ahead of the Chinese New Year.
West Jakarta’s hot and humid weather is intensified in the narrow alleys, but it did not stop people fr...
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Egypt puts off higher entry visa charges until July 1
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Jokowi’s visit to Australia achieves concrete results: Minister
- Indonesia can embrace clean energy amid cheaper renewables, says UK climate envoy
- Financial authority launches banking regulation digital library
- Bandung civil servants recount terror attack
- Ten truly remote places where your boss can’t track you down