New Year bustle in Jakarta’s Chinatown
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Chinese New Year lanterns hang outside a shop on Jl. Kemenangan Tiga in Glodok, West Jakarta.The zigzagging alleyways, festively colored by ornaments in shades of bright red with generous dashes of gold, were crowded with people making their last purchases ahead of the Chinese New Year.
West Jakarta’s hot and humid weather is intensified in the narrow alleys, but it did not stop people fr...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Authorities finalize legal revisions to relax margin trading
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares