New Year bustle in Jakarta’s Chinatown
Andreas D. Arditya
The Jakarta Post
Chinese New Year lanterns hang outside a shop on Jl. Kemenangan Tiga in Glodok, West Jakarta.The zigzagging alleyways, festively colored by ornaments in shades of bright red with generous dashes of gold, were crowded with people making their last purchases ahead of the Chinese New Year.
West Jakarta’s hot and humid weather is intensified in the narrow alleys, but it did not stop people fr...
- Three dead, 20 injured in pileup in Puncak
- Italian woman saves money for 2 years to marry Indonesian villager
- Arrested Chinese ship flees Navy guard
- Interpol-listed fugitive arrested in Bali to be deported soon
- House urged to immediately pass election bill into law
- Vocational education key to competing globally: Minister
- Silicon Valley's $400 juicer may be feeling the squeeze
- Police shooting victims treated at Mimika Hospital
- Govt launches vocational education program for C. Java, Yogyakarta
- Remittances to developing countries fall in 2016, Indonesia worse